The attorneys at The Law Offices of John Zarych remain dedicated to our clients during this difficult time. Our office is open and staffed and we are performing free consultations virtually or by phone. If you have been arrested, please do not hesitate to call us.

Wildwood, NJ Criminal Defense Lawyer

Each summer and even throughout the whole year, folks from throughout New Jersey and the surrounding states flock to Wildwood and North Wildwood for fun and relaxation. While most have a great time enjoying the bars and beaches, if you end up having a bad night and getting arrested, your dream vacation can quickly turn into a nightmare scenario. You may feel helpless and unsure of what to do, especially if you are not a local or familiar with the area, and especially if you have never had any serious contact with the police or criminal justice system before. However, there are steps you can take right away to protect your rights and future.

The most important thing you can do is to reach out to a veteran North Wildwood criminal defense lawyer like those at the Law Offices of John J. Zarych as soon as possible after the arrest occurs. The quicker we get to work on your case, the better chance we have of getting your charges downgraded or dismissed and bringing the matter to the most positive possible resolution. Call our office today at (609) 616-4956 for a free consultation.

Common Crimes Handled by Our Wildwood Criminal Defense Lawyers

Although our team at the Law Offices of John J. Zarych has experience successfully defending clients in Wildwood against all sorts of criminal charges, there are some charges that we handle more commonly than others. These include the following:

  • Assault
  • Disorderly Conduct
  • Drug Crimes
  • Underage Drinking
  • DUI
  • Robbery
  • Theft
  • Trespass
  • Homicide
  • Fraud Crimes
  • Sexual Crimes

When Should You Contact an Attorney for Your Wildwood, NJ Case?

In some cases for minor crimes like traffic violations, the police officer may simply issue you a citation with a court date on it and you will not be detained. If this happens to you, by reaching out to a skilled North Wildwood criminal defense lawyer like those at the Law Offices of John J. Zarych as soon as possible, you give us a chance to reach out to the prosecutor and try to get the matter resolved in a single court appearance. It is never a good idea to throw such a citation aside and wait to act, because, if you forget about it and fail to appear in court as required, you could end up facing a bench warrant for your arrest.

Usually when the police believe you have committed a crime, they will place you under arrest and transport you to the nearest Wildwood police station for the booking process, where they will photograph and fingerprint you and collect your biographical information. Within 48 hours of booking, but usually sooner, your initial appearance and detention hearing will be held. As such, it is vital that you or a loved one reach out to a battle-tested criminal defense attorney as soon after your arrest as possible. You will certainly want a lawyer for these proceedings, especially the detention hearing, where a judge will decide based on a series of holistic factors whether you represent a danger to the public and must remain in jail while your case is resolved. A skilled detention hearing attorney like those at the Law Offices of John J. Zarych will know how to make the most persuasive case for your release without any cumbersome conditions like GPS ankle monitoring.

How Our Wildwood Criminal Defense Attorney Can Help with Your Case

Once we have dealt with getting you released from jail, we will turn our attention to requesting any outstanding evidence and filing any relevant motions like a motion to suppress evidence obtained as a result of an illegal search and seizure. If you have been charged with a disorderly persons offense, your arraignment, where you are asked to enter an initial plea of guilty or not guilty, will occur at your initial appearance. For indictable offenses, your arraignment will not occur until after the prosecutor has received an indictment back from the grand jury. In either case, our skilled Wildwood criminal defense attorneys for a criminal arraignment at the Law Offices of John J. Zarych are likely to advise you to enter a not guilty plea while we assess the strength of your case and try to negotiate a deal with the prosecutor to get the charges downgraded or dismissed.

If you are a first-time offender, we may be able to convince the prosecutor to allow you into a pre-trial intervention program, which will result in your charges being dropped if completed successfully. Other potential deals include the prosecutor agreeing to recommend a light sentence to the judge or downgrading the charges to something less serious is exchange for your guilty plea. Of course, if you do not wish to take a deal or are not satisfied with the deal offered, our veteran Wildwood criminal attorneys at the Law Offices of John J. Zarych are already ready and able to defend your innocence in the courtroom. Note that trials for disorderly persons cases take place in the municipal court in front of a single judge who decides guilt or innocence, while those charged with indictable offenses have the right to a jury before their peers, who must unanimously vote to convict.

Call Our Knowledgeable Wildwood, NJ Criminal Defense Lawyers Today

Being arrested or cited for a crime is never an easy or fun experience, but it can be made better if you take the steps you need to protect yourself and mitigate the damage already caused. The most important thing you can do in the immediate aftermath of your charges is to reach out to a skilled Wildwood and Atlantic City criminal defense attorney like those at the Law Offices of John J. Zarych. The sooner we can get to work on your case, the better chance we have of using our years of experience and familiarity with the local court system to get the charges against you downgraded or dismissed and protect you from facing the most severe potential penalties. For a free consultation, call our firm today at (609) 616-4956.


  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.